Thursday, June 29, 2017

Are you living out of victory?

Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us. Romans 8:37 AMP

That 'we' is you and me. Because of Jesus we are more than conquerors. Because of Jesus we gain a surpassing victory. Because of Jesus we know where we are heading - to life eternal.

For God so greatly loved and dearly prized the world that He [even] gave up His only begotten (unique) Son, so that whoever believes in (trusts in, clings to, relies on) Him shall not perish (come to destruction, be lost) but have eternal (everlasting life). John 3:16 AMP

This morning in the kitchen I was singing This I believe (The Creed) by Hillsong,

I believe in God the Father
I believe in Christ the Son
I believe in the Holy Spirit
Our God is three in one
I believe in the resurrection
That we will rise again
And I believe in the Name of Jesus

What a declaration! So easy to declare in the quiet of the kitchen at 5am when the rest of the family is asleep, no demands of work, no demands of other commitments. Just me and God the Father, Christ the Son and the Holy Spirit. No clutter in my mind, just His voice reminding me who I am and more importantly Who He is.

He is our Heavenly Father who lavishes us with love.

See what [an incredible quality of love, the Father has given (shown, bestowed on) us, that we should [be permitted to] be named and called and counted the children of God! So we are! 1 John 3:1 AMP

We are His children, who need to remember in every moment of the day (not just in the peace and quiet of the early morning), that we have that victory in Jesus.

Little children, you are of God [you belong to Him] and have [already] defeated and overcome them [the agents of the antichrist], because He Who lives in you is greater (mightier) than he who is in the world. 1 John 4:4 AMP

Question for today, are you living out of the victory that Christ gained for us? What would your life look like if that was your starting and finishing position all day every day? 

For me, I know that my life would look very different if I continually looked to Jesus without succumbing to the moments of fear, anger and disappointment. So much more obedience to the prompting of the Holy Spirit in my daily walk is needed. Thankfully our Heavenly Father is gentle, gracious, full of mercy. He doesn't leave us to struggle on by ourselves, in our own strength. No. He walks beside us, carrying us when we need to be carried. He has given us the victory and wants to see us live victoriously. He simply and completely loves us. And that is why I choose to love Him.

We love Him, because He first loved us.
1 John 4:19 AMP

No comments: