Thursday, November 20, 2014

Earnest prayer

Confess to one another therefore your faults (your slips, your false steps, your offenses, your sins) and pray [also] for one another, that you may be healed and restored [to a spiritual tone of mind and heart]. The earnest (heartfelt, continued) prayer of a righteous man makes tremendous power available [dynamic in its working]. James 5:16 AMP

Every morning during my devotions I pray specifically for a group of young people. It started with four people that God put on my heart. It has now grown to seven. For at least half of the youth on this list, if I met them in the street, they would have no idea who I was. However, I believe that God has asked me to intercede for them. The first part of my prayer for them is always, 'to have the mind of Christ.'

For who has known or understood the mind (the counsels and purposes) of the Lord so as to guide and instruct Him and give Him knowledge? But we have the mind of Christ (the Messiah) and do hold the thoughts (feelings and purposes) of His heart. 1 Corinthians 2:16 AMP

After that my prayer is whatever the Spirit prompts me to pray. Today it was God 'please wrap them in your love and let them know that that they are accepted by you today.'

Let not him who eats look down on or despise him who abstains, and let not him who abstains criticize and pass judgement on him who eats; for God has accepted and welcomed him. Romans 14:3 AMP

What a privilege it is to pray for people. I may never know the impact of these prayers. But I trust God that 'tremendous power, dynamic in it's working' is and will be released in their lives. 

How can I trust God with this truth? I can trust Him because I know literally thousands of people have prayed for our daughter, many who will never meet her. Today, Victoria is a living example of God's dynamic power here on earth. We are so very grateful to everyone who has said a prayer for her and those who continue to pray for her today. Thank you.

Question for today, has God put someone on your heart to pray for? Please be obedient to His prompting and pray for them. If you are in communication with this person, why not take that obedience one step further, and ask God for a word of encouragement or specific scripture for them. When you received the encouragement or scripture, use wisdom in the way you communicate it to them. 

Therefore encourage (admonish, exhort) one another and edify (strengthen and build up) one another, just as you are doing. ... Be unceasing in prayer [praying perseveringly]; 1 Thessalonians 5:11, 17 AMP


No comments: