Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Spirit of life in Christ

The answer, thank God, is that Jesus Christ can and does. He acted to set things right in this life of contradictions where I want to serve God with all my heart and mind, but am pulled by the influence of sin to do something totally different. With the arrival of Jesus, the Messiah, that fateful dilemma is resolved. Those who enter into Christ's being-here-for-us no longer have to live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud. A new power is in operation. The Spirit of life in Christ, like a strong wind, has magnificently cleared the air, freeing you from a fated lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death. Romans 7:25 - 8:2 The Message

Thank you Jesus that you acted to set things right in this life of contractions. Thank you Jesus that because of you we don't have to 'live under a continuous, low-lying black cloud.'  Thank you Jesus for being our sacrifice so we are not 'fated' for a 'lifetime of brutal tyranny at the hands of sin and death.'

What a life we have set before us in Jesus.

I know your [record of] works and what you are doing. See! I have set before you a door wide open which no one is able to shut; I know that you have but little power, and yet you have kept My Word and guarded My message and have not renounced or denied My name.... Because you have guarded and kept My word of patient endurance [have held fast the lesson of My patience with the expectant endurance that I give you], I also will keep you [safe] from the hour of trial (testing) which is coming on the whole world to try those who dwell upon the earth. Revelations 3:8,10 AMP

Jesus has 'magnificently cleared the air for us' and given us a way to live our lives to the full. However, we have a personal responsibility to listen to The Spirit and follow His instructions for our lives. As it says in Revelations we are expected to keep and guard God's word; not deny God's name when times are tough; and be patient and wait expectantly on God's word to manifest.

None of these are simple tasks. I know! But not only has Jesus set life before us, He has left us with the Holy Spirit to help us with every step we take in that life. We are not expected to do it all alone, struggling in our own strength. We can seek the guidance and truth of the Holy Spirit.

But the Comforter (Counselor, Helper, Intercessor, Advocate, Strengthener, Standby), the Holy Spirit, Whom the Father will send in My name [in My place, to represent Me and act on My behalf], He will teach you all things. And He will cause you to recall (will remind you of, bring to your remembrance) everything I have told you. John 14:26 AMP

Question for today, are you living in the freedom that Christ has given you?  If not, today, why not make a decision to live in the freedom Christ won for you? Ask the Holy Spirit to show you the first step to take to living fully in Christ. He is there to help you, your Comforter and Counselor. You don't have to do it alone.



No comments: