Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Every day

Every day [with its new reasons] will I bless You [affectionately and gratefully praise You]; yes, I will praise Your name forever and ever. Great is the Lord and highly to be praised; and His greatness is [so vast and deep as to be] unsearchable. Psalm 145:2-3 AMP

Every day. What are your 'every day' habits? David tells us in this Psalm, that one of his 'every day' habits is to affectionately and gratefully praise God. 

This can be a difficult habit to keep, particularly when there are things in your life that you don't appear to be 'praiseworthy'.  I believe our ability to praise God in all circumstances comes back to what we believe about God. 

The Bible tells us that

We are assured and know that [God being a partner in their labour] all things work together and are [fitting into a plan] for good to and for those who love God and are called according to [His] design and purpose. Romans 8:28 AMP

The Bible also tells us that God says,

For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome. Then you will call upon me, and you will come and pray to Me, and I will hear and heed you. Then you will seek Me, inquire for, and require Me [as a vital necessity] and find Me when you search Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29:11-13 AMP

For me, having the truth of those scriptures written on my heart, enables me to keep praising God despite my circumstances. I have come to a place that I know, that I know, that I know, God is in control. He does have a plan, and He will work everything out for good. I just need to stick with Him and keep praising Him, every day. 

Question for today, are you able to praise God every day regardless of what is happening in your life? If not, ask God to give you some scriptures to help get His truth written on your heart. Meditate on those scriptures throughout the day, and watch your ability to praise Him grow.

With my whole heart I have sought You, inquiring for and of You and yearing for You; Oh, let me not wander or step aside [either in ignorance or willfully] from Your commandments. Your word have I laid up in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Blessed are You, O Lord; teach me Your statutes. Psalm 119:10-12 AMP

No comments: