Tuesday, January 20, 2015

the Light

Once more Jesus addressed the crowd. He said, I am the Light of the world. He who follows Me will not be walking in the dark, but will have the Light which is Life. John 8:12 AMP

Today, as I opened my curtains to the early morning darkness, I caught a glimpse of the dimly light road winding up the hill. Maybe a fifth of the width of the road was visible, with the remainder in complete darkness. The more I looked at the road, I felt Jesus say to me, 'Stay on the path that is lit. Even though you can't see what is around the bend, I can. I am with you. I am the Light.'

In Him was Life, and the Life was the Light of me. And the Light shines on in the darkness, for the darkness has never overpowered it [put it out or absorbed it or appropriated it, and is unreceptive to it]. John 1:4-5 AMP

How reassuring to know that the Light shines on, despite the darkness. What hope that truth brings. 

I tried to take a photo of the dimly lit road, but unfortunately my camera doesn't have that capability. My camera isn't able to bring the light that the situation needs. Neither can I alone bring light into the situation. It is only through Jesus, the Light, that illumination comes.

For God Who said, Let light shine out of darkness, has shone in our hearts so as [to beam forth] the Light for the illumination of the knowledge of the majesty and glory of God [as it is manifest in the Person and is revealed] in the face of Jesus Christ (the Messiah). However, we possess this precious treasure [the divine Light of the Gospel] in [frail, human] vessels of earth, that the grandeur and exceeding greatness of the power may be shown to be from God and not from ourselves. 2 Corinthians 4:6-7 AMP

Question for today, do you feel like you are walking alone in the darkness? Look for the Light. Jesus is there walking with you, sometimes we just don't recognise Him.  He is there. He has always been there. He will always be there with  you. He is our Light. Jesus has overpowered the darkness. Let's remind ourselves who Jesus is ...

[But] in the last of these days He has spoken to us in [the person of a] Son, Whom he appointed Heir and lawful Owner of all things, also by and through Whom He created the worlds and the reaches of space and the ages of time [He made, produced, built, operated and arranged them in order]. He is the sole expression of the glory of God [ the Light-being, the out-raying or radiance of the divine], and He is the perfect imprint and very image of [God's] nature, upholding and maintaining and guiding and propelling the universe by His mighty word of power. When He had by offering Himself accomplished our cleansing of sins and riddance of guilt, He sat down at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high, Hebrews 1:2-3 AMP



No comments: