Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Hear His voice

O come, let us worship and bow down, let us kneel before the Lord our Maker [in reverent praise and supplication]. For He is our God and we are the people of His pasture and the sheep of His hand. Today, if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts as a Meribah and as at Massah in the day of temptation in the wilderness, when your fathers tried My patience and tested Me, proved Me, and saw My work [of judgement]. Psalm 95:6-9 AMP

A simple question for today, 'Whose voice are you listening to?' Are you listening to the voices of the world promoting overwhelming negativity, hopelessness and fear mongering ? Or are you listening to the voice of the Good Shepherd, Jesus. The voice of overwhelming hope, love and peace.

The sheep that are My own hear and are listening to My voice; and I know them, and they know Me. And I give them eternal life, and they shall never lose it or perish through the ages. [To all eternity they shall never by any means be destroyed]. And no one is able to snatch them out of My hand. John 10:27-28 AMP

Today, let's make a choice to listen to the voice of the Good Shepherd. Let His voice be loudest in your head. Let our thoughts, words and actions be guided completely by His voice. Jesus, please help us today to hear and obey your voice.

I am able to do nothing from Myself [independently, of My own accord - but only as I am taught by God and as I get His orders]. Even as I hear, I judge [I decide as I am bidden to decide. As the voice comes to Me, so I give a decision], and My judgement is right (just, righteous), because I do not seek or consult My own will [I have no desire to do what is pleasing to Myself, My own aim, My own purpose] but only the will and pleasure of the Father Who sent me. John 5:30 AMP



No comments: