Saturday, January 31, 2015

Inexpressible and glorious joy

Without having seen Him, you love Him; though you do not [even] now see Him, you believe in Him and exult and thrill with inexpressible and glorious (triumphant, heavenly) joy. 1 Peter 1:8 AMP

When you think about Jesus, what emotions do you feel? Do you feel the inexpressible and glorious joy, that the above scripture talks about? For me, when I take time to be still and really think about who Jesus is and what He has done for me, a deep love wells up in my heart, and I feel completely overcome with the grace He has shown me. The gift of salvation He has given me so freely, that I did not deserve.

You must know (recognize) that you were redeemed (ransomed) from the useless (fruitless) way of living inherited by tradition from [your] forefathers, not with corruptible things [such as] silver and gold, But [you were purchased] with the precious blood of Christ (the Messiah), like that of a [sacrificial] lamb without blemish or spot. 1 Peter 1:18-19 AMP

Accepting Jesus as my Lord and Saviour, started me on a journey of discovering who I am and my purpose on this earth.  A journey of learning how to live in peace despite my circumstances. A journey of understanding that I am loved despite my inadequacies and failings. A journey of recognising God's is always with me. A journey of so much more than I can express here.

Question for today, When you hear the name Jesus, what do you feel? What has accepting Jesus as your Lord and Saviour meant to you? What journey have you been on with Jesus? What victories have you seen in your life since becoming a Christian? Take time today to thank Jesus and tell Jesus how you really feel about Him.

You have been regenerated (born again), not from a mortal origin (seed, sperm), but from one that is immortal by the ever living and lasting Word of God. For all flesh (mankind) is like grass, and all its glory (honor) like [the] flower of grass. The grass withers and the flower drops off, but the Word of the Lord (divine instruction, the Gospel) endures forever. And this Word is the good news which was preached to you. 1 Peter 1:23-25 AMP






No comments: