Thursday, October 23, 2014

A pit of tumult

I waited patiently and expectantly for the Lord; and He inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up out of a horrible pit [a pit of tumult and of destruction], and out of the miry clay (froth and slime), and set my feet upon a rock, steadying my steps and establishing my goings. And He has put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord. Psalm 40:1-3 AMP

Praise God that He has indeed steadied my steps and established my goings over the past few days. He has drawn me up from the pit of tumult my mind was descending into. He inclined to me and heard my cry.

The experience of the past week has again reminded me that I am nothing without Jesus. I cannot 'do' my life effectively  for Him, without Him. 

Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned. But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father. John 15:8 NLT

I need to be constantly in His presence, waiting patiently and expectantly. I need to be immersing myself in His word and having His truth imprinted on my heart, just as I am imprinted on His heart.

To him Who [earnestly] remembered us in our low estate and imprinted us [on His heart], for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever; ... O give thanks to the God of heaven, for His mercy and loving-kindness endure forever! Psalm 136:23,26 AMP

Thank you God for your mercy and loving-kindness that endure forever. Thank you that by Your grace I am able to function effectively and live out your purpose for my life.

But by the grace (unmerited favour and blessing) of God I am what I am, and His grace toward me was not [found to be] for nothing (fruitless and without effect)1 Cor 15:10a AMP

Question for today, are you waiting patiently and expectantly for the Lord to bring you out of a pit of tumult and destruction? Are there things going on in your life that you don't understand and just want to disappear? Ask God to steady you and establish your steps. Acknowledge that you are nothing without Jesus and the grace that he so willingly has made available to us. Give thanks to God for His mercy and loving-kindness, that will sustain you through this trial. Give thanks for the fruit He is developing at this time both in your character and in your sphere of influence. Give thanks that, by you choosing to set your feet upon The Rock and singing a song of praise to God,  Many shall see and fear (revere and worship) and put their trust and confident reliance in the Lord. Psalm 40:3 AMP


No comments: