Thursday, October 2, 2014

Soul-empty

"Look at that man, bloated by self-importance - full of himself but soul-empty. But the person in right standing before God through loyal and steady believing is fully alive, really alive." Habakkuk 2:4 MSG

Have you ever had that sense of just 'existing' in this world? You are doing what has to be done, but at the end of the day, feeling personally unfulfilled? Maybe you receive some appreciation for your efforts. Or maybe you receive none, making the question of 'what am I doing with my life?' even louder in your head? Perhaps what you are feeling is 'soul-empty'?

Perhaps there has been pain and disappointment in your life and now the walls have come up and you are 'existing' in your life to protect yourself from any further hurt.  Maybe your heart is hardened to the things of God as you feel He has let you down. I don't know your situation, but I do know this, we have a loving God who wants you to live life fully.

GOD, your God, will cut away the thick calluses on your heart and your children's hearts, freeing you to love GOD, your God, with your whole heart and soul and live, really live. Deuteronomy 30:6 MSG

God, your Heavenly Father loves you and wants to see you have victory in your life.  In Jesus, we are conquerors and there is nothing that can separate us from God's love for us.

Yet amid all these things we are more than conquerors and gain a surpassing victory through Him Who loved us. For I am persuaded beyond doubt (am sure) that neither death nor life, nor angels not principalities, nor things, impending and threatening nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39 AMP

We all have choices to make with our lives. If you are feeling soul-empty, there is a choice you can make to ask God to remove the calluses from your heart, and invite Jesus into your life to help you live fully. 

Then, we need to make the choice to remain loyal and steady with our believing in Jesus, despite what circumstances come our way. We can ask God to help us remain steady, and even invigorated, as the Psalmist did,

Put your hand out and steady me since I've chosen to live by your counsel. I'm homesick, GOD for your salvation; I love it when you show yourself! Invigorate my soul so I can praise you well, use your decrees to put iron in my soul. And should I wander off like a lost sheep - seek me! I'll recognise the sound of your voice. Psalm 119:173-176 MSG

Question for today, are you feeling soul-empty? Are you feeling that you are not fully alive, really alive? Ask God to show you His love for you, and let Him revive you. Listening to this worship song from Matt Redman, I need you now, may help you to come to that quiet place of surrender.  Once you have surrendered, continually declare the above scripture, believing that you will remain steady, invigorated, and always recognise God's voice in your life.




No comments: