Tuesday, October 14, 2014

He doesn't break promises

My aim is to raise hopes by pointing the way to life without end. This is the life God promised long ago - and he doesn't break promises. Titus 1:2 MSG

Our God is faithful. He doesn't break promises. He doesn't make promises like we do, sometimes breaking them when it gets too difficult to keep them.

When people make promises, they guarantee them by appeal to some authority above them so that if there is any question that they'll make good on the promise, the authority will back them up. When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee - God can't break his word. And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangable. Hebrews 6:16-18 MSG

His promises give us hope when we are feeling life is hopeless. I know when the circumstances around me are looking unfavourable I garner much strength from re-reading the scriptures that God has spoken to me. I have them recorded in my journal, easily accessible. His promises certainly do rejuvenate me.

Remember what you said to me, your servant -
I hang on to these words for dear life!
These words hold me up in bad times;
yes, your promises rejuvenate me.
The insolent ridicule me without mercy,
but I don't budge from your revelation.
Psalm 119:49-51 MSG

Questions for today, is there something or someone in your life that/who you are waiting to see God's promise's come to pass? Are you feeling disillusioned and that the breakthrough will never come? Ask God to show you the promises He has for you and your circumstance. Then ask Him to show you how to wait with joy and a thankful heart. I have found it makes the waiting easier when you have a grateful heart.

[We pray] that you may be invigorated and strengthened with all power according to the might of His glory, [to exercise] every kind of endurance and patience (perseverance and forbearance) with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified and made us fit to share the portion which is the inheritance of the saints (God's holy people) in the Light. Colossians 1:11-12 AMP

No comments: