Thursday, October 30, 2014

Jesus is ...


Yesterday morning as I was walking around Manly in Sydney I couldn't help but notice this banner hanging outside St Matthew's Anglican Church on the Corso. It asks us to fill in the unfinished sentence, 'Jesus is ________'.  The associated website is jesus-is.org.au

There are so many ways to finish this sentence! How would you finish it? One word I would use is 'life', as that has definitely been my experience of Jesus. Since I accepted Him as my Lord and Saviour almost 18 years ago I have begun to know 'life' is such a different way, a life full of purpose, grace, forgiveness and love. I am more than happy to boast about all Jesus has done in my life.

"For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate. Can't you see the central issue in all this? It is not what you and I do - submit to circumcision, reject circumcision. It is what God is doing, and he is creating something totally new, a free life!" Galatians 6:14-15 The Message

The life that Jesus gives us is not just for now, here on earth, but it is for eternity. 

In order that everyone who believes in Him [who cleaves to Him, trusts Him, and relies on Him] may not perish, but have eternal life and [actually] live forever! John 3:15 AMP

I don't know of anyone or anywhere else who/that is offering eternal life to us. Only Jesus. To me Jesus is life, here and now and forever. Thank you Jesus that you gave your life for me, so I could be in relationship with my Heavenly Father and have a totally new free life.

When you were dead in your sins and in the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made you alive with Christ. He forgave us all our sins, having canceled the charge of our legal indebtedness, which stood against us and condemned us; he has taken it away, nailing it to the cross. And having disarmed the powers and authorities, he made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them by the cross. Colossians 2:13-15 NIV

Question for today, how would you finish the sentence, 'Jesus is ___________' ?







No comments: