Thursday, October 9, 2014

His unfolding grace

So we're not giving up. How could we! Even though on the outside it often looks like things are falling apart on us, on the inside, where God is making new life, not a day goes by without his unfolding grace. 2 Corinthians 4:16 MSG

Reading this scripture fills me with hope. The thought that, 'not a day goes by without his unfolding grace' is so encouraging to me. Not a day goes by that we don't in some way, shape or form experience God's favour and blessing in our lives. 

That blessing may come in the form of our character maturing as we encounter a circumstance, go through it and then come out the other side victorious. What a blessing it is to learn from our trials and hopefully be wiser than we were yesterday! When I was in the midst of a trial a wise person said to me, 'pray and ask God what He wants you to learn from this trial.' I prayed. God spoke to me. I listened and learnt. 

'Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unfathomable (inscrutable, unsearchable) are His judgements (His decisions)! And how untraceable (mysterious, undiscoverable) are His ways (His methods, His paths)! Romans 11: 33 AMP

God always has a plan. A plan for good. A plan full of unfolding favour and blessing. Just because we don't always understand the plan, it doesn't mean the plan is bad. It just means that we have to learn to trust  God that little bit more. We have to acknowledge that He is sovereign over every thing and every one.

For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. [for all things originate with Him and come from Him; all things live through Him, and all things centre in and tend to consummate and to end in Him.] To Him be glory forever! Amen (so be it). Romans 11:36 AMP

Question for today, on the outside, does it look like things are falling apart? Why not ask God to show you what he wants you to learn from this situation? Ask God to help you to trust that His unfolding grace is sufficient for you today. Give thanks to God for His amazing grace.

But He said to me, My grace (My favor and loving-kindness and mercy) is enough for you [sufficient against any danger and enables you to bear the trouble manfully]; for My strength and power are made perfect (fulfilled and completed) and show themselves most effective in [your] weakness. Therefore, I will all the more gladly glory in my weaknesses and infirmities, that the strength and power of Christ (the Messiah) may rest (yes, may pitch a tent over and dwell) upon me! 2 Corinthians 12:9 AMP





No comments: