Saturday, October 4, 2014

One who would plead

Oh, that there might be one who would plead for a man with God that he would maintain his right with Him, as a son of man pleads with or for his neighbour! Job 16:21 AMP

The good news is that there is one who pleads for us with God. His name is Jesus Christ. He is our mediator with God, our Heavenly Father.

For there [is only] one God, and [only] one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all [people, a fact that was] attested to at the right and proper time. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 AMP

I don't know about you, but I find that such a relief to know that I don't have to be perfect to have a relationship with God. Jesus is perfect and He stands in front of God on my behalf and pleads for me, Wendy Robinson. He also pleads for you!

Think how much more the blood of Christ cleans up our whole lives, inside and out. Through the Spirit, Christ offered himself as an unblemished sacrifice, freeing us from all those dead-end efforts to make ourselves respectable, so that we can live all out for God. Hebrews 9:14-15 MSG

Because of Jesus sacrifice we have the opportunity to be back in relationship with God. God wants us to be in relationship with him, and to keep growing in our understanding of who He is.

[God our Saviour] Who wishes all men to be saved and [increasingly] to perceive and recognize and discern and know precisely and correctly the [divine] Truth. 1 Timothy 2:4 AMP

When I really started to live out of the Truth that Jesus is my Saviour, I felt an amazing freedom to live the life that God purposed for me.  I was no longer bound by my mistakes and imperfections.

But the Scriptures [picture all mankind as sinners] shut up and imprisioned by sin, so that [the inheritance, blessing] which was promised through faith in Jesus Christ [the Messiah] might be given (released, delivered, and committed) to [all] those who believe [who adhere to and trust in and rely on Him]. Galatians 3:22 AMP

Today I do feel so extremely blessed. Blessed to have Jesus as my personal Saviour. Blessed to have my Heavenly Father protecting me. Blessed to have the Holy Spirit as my counsellor and friend. Blessed to be here and know that God's grace is sufficient for me every single day.

Question for today, do you know that Jesus pleads for you with God? Do you know that Jesus is the mediator that made a way for you to live fully in relationship with God? 

If you want to accept Jesus as your mediator with God, and therefore receive Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour, please pray the prayer below (taken from The Everyday Life Bible)
Father,
You loved the world so much that You gave Your only begotten Son to die for our sins so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.
Your word says we are saved by grace through faith as a gift from You. There is nothing we can do to earn salvation.
I believe and confess with my mouth that Jesus Christ is Your Son, the Saviour of the world. I believe He died on the cross for me and bore all of my sins, paying the price for them.
I believe in my heart that You raised Jesus from the dead and that He is alive today.
I am a sinner and I am sorry for my sins and I ask You to forgive me. By faith I receive Jesus Christ now as my Lord and Saviour. I believe that I am saved and will spend eternity with You! Thank You, Father. I am so grateful! In Jesus' name, amen.
If you have chosen to pray this prayer, congratulations, it is a decision you will never regret.

May grace (God's unmerited favor) and spiritual peace [which means peace with God and harmony, unity and undisturbedness] be yours from God our Father and from the Lord Jesus Christ. Ephesians 1:2 AMP








No comments: